Call Sparky for info: 218-341-3350
8793 Owl Avenue
Toivola, MN 55765
[NOTE: THIS IS NOT A MAILING ADDRESS…but put this address into Google Maps or Apple Maps instead of just “Sax-Zim Bog” which takes you to the middle of nowhere]
On the website you will find this note:
- Are there any places I should avoid?
Yes, please avoid birding the very north end of Stickney Road just south of Sax Rd (CR 28). If at all possible, use CR7 to get from the south part of the Bog (Arkola/CR52) to the north part (Sax Rd/CR28). The gentleman that lives there does not appreciate folks stopping near his home at the north end of Stickney just south of Sax Road. If you do encounter him, just keep going. If you have a problem with him, call 911. If you tell us, we can’t do anything. You must call the Sheriff via 911.
Directions from Cotton, MN on US 53
- Go West from Cotton on CR52/Arkola for 11 miles
- Turn South (left) on Owl Avenue
- Go 1.75 miles (second curve) to Welcome Center
Directions from Meadowlands, on CR 133
- Go East on CR133 to CR229/29
- Turn North (left) on CR229/29
- Go North to T at Correction Line Rd
- Turn West (left) on Correction Line Rd
- Road curves North and becomes Owl Ave
- Go North on Owl Avenue for 2.5 miles to Welcome Center
- Friends of Sax-Zim Bog website
- Friends of Sax-Zim Bog on Facebook
- Winter Driving Tour
- Birding Map: A link to a downloadable birding map is found on the home page of the website. Each year it is updated with a new link so posting a direct link here would only work temporarily.