You can access the Gunflint Trail by driving north on Highway 61 from Duluth, MN to Grand Marais, MN.
The 57-mile paved roadway (and National Scenic Byway) begins in Grand Marais, MN and ends at Saganaga Lake in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCA), near the U.S. border with Ontario.
- Gunflint Trail National Scenic Byway
- How To Spot A Moose
- Moose Viewing Driveable Trails off of the Gunflint Trail
- Option A: Greenwood Loop Drive — 68.8 miles
- Option B: Lima Grade Road — 53.3 miles
- Option C: Eagle Mountain Route — 57.5 miles